We have an expert team of dedicated cardiovascular specialists who are committed to treating all elements of cardiovascular disease. We accomplish this through a patient-centered healthcare system that combines prevention, comprehensive clinical skills, and individualized attention. We strive to work cooperatively and professionally with all physicians involved in the care of our patients.
“The paradigm has shifted. Despite the challenges in providing high-quality care, it is absolutely achievable. The key is working with a tight-knit, outstanding team and focusing on our core values surrounding patient care. My colleagues and staff are all committed to doing the very best for our patients.”
– Dr. Anuj R. Shah
The conditions we treat at Apex Heart and Vascular Center include:
- Peripheral arterial disease (PAD)
- Leg swelling
- Leg pain
- Varicose and spider veins
- Aortic aneurysm
- Carotid artery disease
- Heart arrhythmia, including atrial fibrillation (Afib)
- Chest pain
- Shortness of breath
- Skin discoloration
- Cold feet
Why choose APEX?
Are you tired of having medical tests and not receiving answers? At Apex Heart and Vascular, we go beyond regular testing. When choosing a cardiovascular specialist, especially one that will manage your loved one’s cardiac conditions, you want to ensure that the specialist understands your needs and is able to communicate and listen to you with understanding. Plus, you want to make sure you are involved in the decision-making process.
A cardiovascular specialist is not just the one who completes your procedure. They will also be spending time with you and integrating all the components of your health in an effort to develop a comprehensive evaluation with a goal of maintaining your active lifestyle and, most importantly, prevention.
Dr. Anuj R. Shah, the founder of Apex Heart and Vascular, lives and practices the philosophy of treating his patients the way he would treat his family. At Apex Heart and Vascular Center, you are treated as family. We welcome you to come and experience this for yourself.
- Leadership and experience: Our providers are leaders in the field and are highly specialized in diagnosing, treating, and managing a wide range of cardiovascular conditions. We are excited to train and mentor future innovators in the field of cardiology, too. Dr. Shah has been a leader in the field of cardiology and vascular disease with 7 board certifications, multiple awards, honors, publications. He is also consistently ranked as a top doctor in New Jersey and New York.
- Individualized care: We offer the highest quality of personalized, patient-centered care and have achieved an excellent level of patient satisfaction.
- Strong network and support staff: At Apex Heart and Vascular, we attract top talent with physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, nurses, patient care coordinators, nutritionists, wellness coordinators, and clinical staff of the highest caliber who all strive to deliver outstanding patient care. As a patient, you have access to all specialists providing effective, comprehensive care with a focus on wellness.
- State-of-the-art technology: We have the latest technology machines, devices, instruments for cardiac and vascular care, as well as a state-of-art vein center.
- Cutting-edge research: Despite serving the community, we continue to focus on innovative and impactful research that improves outcomes for our patients in the community.
- Full-Service Cardiology Office
- Multilingual Our physicians speak many languages, including Spanish, Arabic, Hindi, Hebrew, and Russian.
- Convenient Hours & Locations We offer five convenient New Jersey locations in Jersey City, Passaic, Newark, and Irvington and are open on weekends.
- Our friendly receptionists answer the phones, Monday – Friday, 8:30 am – 6 pm. The physicians are on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Call us when you need expert cardiovascular care. We are dedicated to our patients and their well-being.